Sunday, September 9, 2007

Project Homework

Over the past weeks I have been refreshing my memory as to the developmental skills of the different age groups by re-reading reference books: Literate Beginnings : Programs for Babies and Toddlers by Debby Ann Jeffery. As well as Lap Sit Services for the Very Young II : A How-To-Do-It Manual by Linda L. Ernst. In these books there was a lot of information to be found, not only refreshing me on the age appropriate activities but also a bit of psychology and practical advice for the different developmental stages of children. Studying this has allowed me to think about the task of putting the outlines into similar structures without overloading a small child or not having enough to do for the older age group. Today I am still thinking and trying to put this all together.

No comments: