Friday, July 27, 2007

Web 2.0 Awards List

I have been looking at some of the Web 2.0 Awards Lists and found two interesting ones to comment on. (There were many choices to explore here!).

Craigslist:http://www.craigslist.org/about/factsheet.html I had heard of it before and had the opportunity to explore it. It is an urban community that had free classified ads and forums displayed on a very austere homepage. However when searching through the nuts and bolts, I discovered that although it has a .org domain, it is a for profit website. It gets more than 8 billion page views per month. It was founded in 1995 by Craig Newmark for San Francisco area. It was fun to look around but I prefer to keep e-Bay's organization as my weird purchasing place of choice.

The other site is One Sentence. True stories told in one sentence. (http://www.onesentence.org/) The site is about telling your story, briefly. Any story will do: "Insignificant stories, everyday stories, or turning - point - in -your-life stories, boiled down to their bare essentials." I really enjoyed reading these one sentance stories and thought it would be sometihgn I'd like to try someday.




No comments: