Saturday, July 28, 2007

You Tube

I explored YouTube with my children way before it was one of the 23 Things to do. I have to admit, and I am not proud of this~ but I found it immensely entertaining. I love when they showed me Pearl(which was actually on the webiste "Funny Or Die"); A David Blane knock-off and I also found myself ashamed of our reaction to the "Grape Lady Falls". (Which I asked my children to research how that poor woman is doing since her unfortunate fall!....She's supposed to be fine by the way, only a few broken ribs and punctured lung!)

I read once that YouTube has really given the network TV a run for their money and changed the way we think about and demand our TV viewing. YouTube has allowed us to see what we want when we want it. Quite the contrary to what we were used to in the past. I think that this is a good thing.

As for the subject matter on YouTube: It may be funny or sad but I think it is true to life in 2007. It is filled with what we call living our lives. It is entertainment about ourselves, produced by us for the most part and the way we live now a days.

No comments: